Wecome To RVs and OHVs

This blog is all about RVs (recreational vehicles) and OHVs (Off Highway Vehicles), camping, sailing, and survival
and how they work together to provide wholesome family fun and great learning opportunities.
Many posts are intended to familiarize novice campers and RVers with RV systems and basic camping and survival
skills. But even experienced RVers and campers will enjoy the anecdotes and may even benefit from a new
perspective. Comments, questions, and suggestions are encouraged. The organization is pretty much by date of publication because of how blogspot works. Please use the SEARCH option below to find what you are looking for.

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

NEW: Ads on rvsandohvs.blogpsot.com

You may have noticed that ads have begun to appear on this blog as of May 2021.  I have signed up with Google Adsense, who is totally responsible for the choice of ads that appear on these pages.  While I receive a small token payment for each ad that gets clicked on, I have no direct contact with any of the advertisers.  I do not choose the ads.  They do not influence my choice of topics nor what I might say about various products.  I have no idea what products they are going to advertise on my blog.  I wish I did!  I sincerely hope the algorithm Adsense uses delivers ads that are relevant and may actually be of some use to my readers.  Seems like it would make good sense for them to do so.

As always, any criticism or applause I offer for any products I may mention is purely my personal opinion and will not be influenced by the presence -- or absence -- of related advertising.  Ads have been placed to minimize intrusion on the articles themselves.  You may see them at the top of the right margin or at the bottom of articles.  I do receive a small (tiny) payment each time someone clicks on an ad so if you seen anything that interests you, please do click on it!  It will help me pay for additional research.   Lest you think I'm getting rich off ads it looks like I've earned just over $25 in almost a year of presenting ads -- and Adsense doesn't actually pay until it hits at least $100 so I probably won't see anything for about 4 years! Thank you to those who clicked on ads.

You will find links to some products embedded in posts.  These links are provided for information and for your convenience.  I do not receive any commission or other compensation for them.

I hope the ads do turn out to be relevant and useful.  I have found it helpful sometimes when I have found useful ads connected to articles I was reading.  I also find it annoying when I am besieged by ads that have no relation to the article and are totally useless and sometimes even offensive.  With all the artificial intelligence available to those who place ads on web pages you would think they would want to take full advantage of making the ads appropriate to the viewer.  Seems to me doing so is really a no-brainer, but sometimes "no-brain" is an apt description for some of the ads that besiege us.  An excellent example of that are tons of medication ads on TV, many of which say "Ask your doctor about xxxxx" without ever telling us what the medication is for!  How dumb is that!

Please feel free to comment on whether the ads you see are of any use to you.  It is my sincere hope that AdSense schedules ads that have at least some relevance to the overall intent of this blog and hopefully even to the individual topics to which they are attached.

Ad on!

No comments:

Post a Comment