Wecome To RVs and OHVs

This blog is all about RVs (recreational vehicles) and OHVs (Off Highway Vehicles), camping, sailing, and survival
and how they work together to provide wholesome family fun and great learning opportunities.
Many posts are intended to familiarize novice campers and RVers with RV systems and basic camping and survival
skills. But even experienced RVers and campers will enjoy the anecdotes and may even benefit from a new
perspective. Comments, questions, and suggestions are encouraged. The organization is pretty much by date of publication because of how blogspot works. Please use the SEARCH option below to find what you are looking for.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Comments and Guest Posts

Many thanks to those who have taken time to comment on this blog.  I welcome and very much appreciate comments. That is how I know if the content is useful and it is how I get new ideas to research and write about. While I greatly appreciate the positive things that have been posted, I would also welcome questions, corrections, and criticism.  I try to keep my ego out of my writing and strive to ensure the content is accurate, useful, and entertaining. That said, what I write is my opinion and often reflects personal views and preferences and I try to identify them as such.  I fully realize that not everyone agrees with my opinions.  I frequently review and update my previous posts, adding new information or making corrections as I acquire more knowledge about specific aspects of things I've written about.  For example, I recently obtained additional details about the "ATC Ban".   Turns out they were never really "illegal" but manufacturing and selling them were discontinued based on a "consent decree" entered into between the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) and the manufacturers to avoid some serious and expensive law suits -- and the threat of making them illegal.   The bottom line remains the same: the importation of 3-wheeled ATCs into the United States was discontinued for at least 10 years under the agreement.  Although the agreement expired in 1998, manufacturers have chosen not to reintroduce ATCs, partially because they have replaced them with highly successful 4-wheel ATVs and, no doubt, because of the lingering fear of additional law suits or government interference because of the perceived dangers of the once popular 3-wheelers.

Unfortunately some people like to abuse the comments.  I reserve the right to review all comments and remove any that are not appropriate.  Inappropriate comments include those with profane, vulgar, or obscene language, blatant advertisements for products or links unrelated to the content, and just plain gibberish.  I appreciate positive comments but recognize the legitimacy of those that may be critical of my work.  I will not delete comments simply because they criticize my work or question my findings.  I definitely have and will cotinue to remove inappropriate comments (as described above)!

Also please note that a recent post, 5 Travel Tips When Using WiFi for RVs, is a guest post from Singlepoint Communications, a company that specializes in Internet support for campers and boaters. I am happy to consider additional guest posts from individuals or companies with relevant information.  I reserve the right to accept, reject, or edit any submissions.  I ask that the content be relevant and helpful to the readers of this blog and not soley a commercial for products or services. However, thoughtful reviews of products and services with appropriate contact information for additional user research or purchase are welcomed and even encouraged. In other words, don't send me a brochure and expect it to get posted, but do send well-written product reviews and useful tips for my readers.

I love feedback!

1 comment:

  1. Camping is the real Social Network for families. If your family has not been camping, then you don't know what your missing. Here is a few of the Top 10 Family Campgrounds in the USA.

    Zion National Park RV Campground

    ReplyDelete