Wecome To RVs and OHVs

This blog is all about RVs (recreational vehicles) and OHVs (Off Highway Vehicles), camping, sailing, and survival
and how they work together to provide wholesome family fun and great learning opportunities.
Many posts are intended to familiarize novice campers and RVers with RV systems and basic camping and survival
skills. But even experienced RVers and campers will enjoy the anecdotes and may even benefit from a new
perspective. Comments, questions, and suggestions are encouraged. The organization is pretty much by date of publication because of how blogspot works. Please use the SEARCH option below to find what you are looking for.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog Policy on Endorsements

In some places in this blog I have openly endorsed certain companies and certain products and even included links to relevant web sites.  Sometimes I provide a link to a product as an example.  In such cases please do not construe that as an endorsement of the specific brand although I wouldn't be including them if I didn't find them personally acceptable.  I have received no compensation for these links or endorsements.  I list them because I have had good experiences with the products and/or the company.   I receive no compensation from guest contributors either.   I carefully consider any submissions to be sure they fit the overall purpose of this blog and provide readers with valuable information.  While I allow guest contributors to post links to their own websites and products, I try to make sure all such postings are compatible with my endorsement policy.   I will not accept blatant brochures that have no intrinsic value to my readers -- they must at the very least pose a reasonable source or solution to issues.

Most consumers are quick to complain when they receive poor service and slow to take action when things go well.   It is a natural human response. However, in this blog, I strive not to bad mouth any product or company.  If there are specific product failures or defects, I may report them.  I have made and will continue to make special mention of products and companies that exceed expectations.  They deserve some positive attention.   All too often in today's very impersonal commercial world individual customers get lost in the numbers and statistics. Those companies who respect their customers and stand behind their products are worthy of special mention.  I believe doing so not only benefits the companies but provides a valuable service to my readers.  I know I would certainly be more comfortable knowing a product or a company had received a good review and was recommended by someone knowledgeable that I could trust.  I strive to be that someone for my readers.

So, when you see links to product web sites within my articles, they are not paid advertisements.  I provide the links for information purposes and to aid my readers in researching products I have reported on. You won't see Internet ads on my blog since I would not be able to control the quality or relevance of the material.

My endorsements are unbiased, except by my personal opinion of the product, service, or company.

No comments:

Post a Comment